As part of our mission to build a community of learning and practice for Holy Cross educators, we’ve developed this resource center for easy access to news, teaching tools and the latest information about our projects and programs. Choose from the resources below — plus, you can also review writings of our founder*, Father Basil Anthony Moreau, along with various reflections, liturgies and prayers, and chapter letters.
*Noter: Les écrits de nos pages Fondateur contient deux nouveaux éléments en françaisLes écrits de nos pages Fondateur contient deux nouveaux éléments en français cettecette page contient deux nouveaux éléments en français
Get the Latest InFormation
Looking for updates about the institute’s plans and programs? InFormation, our official newsletter, has all the details. Some issues also feature a case study and how-to toolkit that focuses on an innovative initiative at a participating Holy Cross school, and a first-person perspective about what the Holy Cross mission means.
Read keynote addresses from the institute’s annual convocation, including the inaugural Convocation 2006 address, “Discovering the Legacy of Holy Cross Educators,” by Brother Stephen Walsh, CSC, executive director of The Holy Cross Institute.
- Convocation 2012 Keynote Address:
"Strategic Planning as an Expression of Hope" (video only)
Dr. George Martin, President, St. Edward's University
- Convocation 2012 Keynote Panel:
- Convocation 2011: "175 Years of Holy Cross Education: The Story of a Home and a Heritage" (video only)
Brother Joel Giallanza, C.S.C., Executive Director, Holy Cross Insitute
(Please contact the Holy Cross Institute for a copy of Brother Joel's address)
- Convocation 2010: “A Spirituality for Holy Cross Educators” (video only)
Father Tom Looney, C.S.C, Provincial Superior, CSC Eastern Province of Priests and Brothers
- Convocation 2009: "How Catholic Are We? Reflections on the Global Mission of the Church" (PDF)
Dr. Richard Gaillardetz, Murray/Bacik Professor of Catholic Studies, Unversity of Toledo
- Convocation 2008: “Blessed Basil Moreau: Educator for Justice” (PDF)
Sister Amata Miller, IGM, Director, Myser Initiative on Catholic Identity, St. Catherine University
- Convocation 2007: "Christian Education by Blessed Basil Moreau, CSC: Vision, Instruction, Invitation" (PDF)
Brother George Schmitz, CSC
- Convocation 2006: “Discovering the Legacy of Holy Cross Educators”
Brother Stephen Walsh, C.S.C., Executive Director, Holy Cross Institute
Holy Cross Constitutions
Get an in-depth look at the Holy Cross mission and values. Review the constitutions below, which were revised and approved in 1986 by the General Chapter of the Congregation of Holy Cross.
- Historical Note
- Constitution One: God’s Call
- Constitution Two: Mission
- Constitution Three: Prayer
- Constitution Four: Brotherhood
- Constitution Eight: The Cross, Our Hope
Our Holy Cross Community
- Characteristics of a Holy Cross School
- The Mission and Values of a Holy Cross School
- Holy Cross Schools and the Constitutions
- Glossary of Terms for Holy Cross School Boards
- Holy Cross Community Directory - This extensive list of web sites includes Holy Cross schools, ministries, parishes and hospitals around the world.
- Becoming Part of the Story: The Legacy of Holy Cross Educators (PDF)
- Video: Canonization of Saint Brother Andre Bessette
Moment of Grace: Preparing for the Canonization of Brother Andre
Um Momento de Graca Canonizacao Ir Andre(português brasileiro / Brazilian Portuguese)
Fr. Thomas Barrosse, CSC and Br. Joel Giallanza, CSC